Tangy Greek Lemon Chicken
This Greek Lemon Chicken weight loss recipe is the perfect balance of tangy and flavorful. The juicy and tender chicken is marinated in a citrusy lemon and herb mixture and then baked to perfection.
Servings & Nutrition
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast (including all ingredients)
- Calories: 294
- Total Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 96mg
- Sodium: 683mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 2g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 35g
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (skinned)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges and fresh oregano for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the chicken breasts to the bowl and toss to coat evenly with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C
- Transfer the chicken and marinade to a baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and fresh oregano (optional).
Ready to get cooking?
This Tangy Greek Lemon Chicken is a simple yet delicious weight loss recipe that is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a weekend gathering. The combination of zesty lemon and fragrant herbs creates a flavourful and juicy chicken dish that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. This dish is also very easy to prepare, making it a great option for those busy weeknights when you want a satisfying meal without spending too much time in the kitchen. Try it today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use bone-in chicken instead of boneless chicken breasts?
Yes, you can use bone-in chicken instead of boneless chicken breasts. However, the cooking time will be longer.
Can I grill the chicken instead of baking it?
Yes, you can grill the chicken instead of baking it. Simply preheat your grill to medium-high heat and grill the chicken for 6-8 minutes per side or until it is cooked through.
Can I use fresh oregano instead of dried oregano?
Yes, you can use fresh oregano instead of dried oregano. However, the measurements may be different as dried herbs tend to have a stronger flavour than fresh herbs. Use approximately 3 times the amount of fresh herbs as you would dried herbs.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
You could marinate the chicken ahead of time and set it in the refrigerator overnight to absorb more flavour!