Peri Peri Chicken & Zoodle Salad
Spice up your mealtime with this Peri Peri Chicken and Zoodle Salad. Enjoy tender and flavourful chicken paired with refreshing zucchini noodles for a healthy and satisfying combination in this weight loss recipe.
Servings & Nutrition
This recipe serves 2-3 people, but it can be easily doubled or adjusted to accommodate larger groups.
- Calories: 370-430
- Total Fat: 24-28g
- Saturated Fat: 4-6g
- Cholesterol: 72-84mg
- Sodium: 400-500mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 13-17g
- Dietary Fiber: 4-5g
- Sugars: 8-10g
- Protein: 25-28g
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons peri peri sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 medium zucchinis, spiralised into zoodles
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese (optional, for garnish)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, peri peri sauce, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper to make the peri peri marinade.
- Place the chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag or a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them. Ensure the chicken is evenly coated.
- Seal the bag or cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, allowing the flavours to infuse the chicken.
- Preheat a grill or a stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook the marinated chicken for 6-7 minutes on each side or until cooked through and slightly charred. Remove from heat and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the zucchini noodles, cherry tomatoes, sliced red onion, sliced black olives, and chopped fresh parsley.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper to make the dressing.
- Drizzle the dressing over the zoodle salad and toss gently to combine.
- Divide the zoodle salad into serving bowls and top with sliced peri peri chicken.
- Garnish with crumbled feta cheese, if desired, for an added touch of creaminess.
Ready to get cooking?
With each tender and flavorful bite of peri peri chicken, you’ll savour the tangy notes and subtle smokiness of the marinade. This zoodle salad weight loss recipe adds a burst of freshness and crunch, complementing the spiciness of the chicken with its refreshing zucchini noodles, juicy cherry tomatoes, and vibrant red onions. Embrace a guilt-free meal that leaves you feeling satisfied and nourished.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts for the peri peri chicken?
Yes, you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs if you prefer. Adjust the cooking time accordingly, as chicken thighs may take a little longer to cook than chicken breasts.
Can I use pre-made peri peri sauce?
Yes, you can use store-bought peri peri sauce for convenience. However, if you prefer to make your own sauce, there are many peri peri sauce recipes available online.
Can I use a vegetable peeler instead of a spiraliser to make zucchini noodles?
Yes, you can use a vegetable peeler to make long, thin ribbons of zucchini if you don't have a spiraliser.
Can I use a different type of protein instead of chicken?
Certainly! While the recipe features chicken, you can use other proteins such as shrimp, tofu, or even beef for a variation in flavours and textures.
Can I add other vegetables to the zoodle salad?
Absolutely! Feel free to get creative and add your favourite vegetables to the zoodle salad. Sliced bell peppers, shredded carrots, or chopped cucumbers are some excellent options to enhance the salad's colour and flavour.