One Pot Chicken with Veggies
This one-pot chicken with veggies recipe is perfect for busy weeknights. It's easy to make, delicious, and requires minimal clean-up. With only a handful of ingredients, you can have a nutritious and satisfying meal in no time!
Servings & Nutrition
This recipe serves 4 people.
- Calories: 320
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Sodium: 980mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 14g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Total Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 41g
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (skinned)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 bell peppers (sliced)
- 2 zucchinis (sliced)
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by gathering all of the ingredients and prepping the vegetables as necessary.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the bell peppers and zucchinis to the pot and sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, chicken broth, salt, black pepper, and dried thyme to the pot and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken back to the pot and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Ready to get cooking?
This one-pot chicken with veggies is a simple and delicious weight loss recipe that is perfect for those busy weeknights when you want to get a nutritious meal on the table quickly. This recipe is not only easy to make, but it is also packed with flavour and requires minimal clean-up. With only one pot to clean, you can spend more time enjoying your meal and less time washing dishes. Get started tonight!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Yes, you can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. However, cooking times may vary.
Can I use different vegetables in this recipe?
Yes, you can use different vegetables based on your own tastes. Just note that cooking times with some vegetables will vary.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it when you're ready to eat. However, the vegetables may become slightly softer upon reheating.
Can I freeze this recipe?
Yes, you can freeze this recipe. Simply let it cool completely, transfer it to an airtight container, and freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Can I use fresh herbs instead of dried herbs?
Yes, you can use fresh herbs instead of dried herbs. However, dried herbs tend to have a stronger flavour than fresh herbs. Use approximately 3 times the amount of fresh herbs as you would dried herbs.