Low Carb Turkey Burger
If you're looking for a healthier alternative to the traditional beef burger, then a Low Carb Turkey Burger is just what you need. Made with lean ground turkey and packed with flavourful ingredients, this weight loss recipe is not only delicious but also fits well into a low carb lifestyle. With a few simple swaps, you can enjoy a satisfying burger without the guilt. Get ready to savour every bite!
Servings & Nutrition
Serving Size: 1 burger (including all ingredients). Please note that the nutritional values may vary depending on the specific ingredients and brands used. Additionally, the nutrition information does not include any additional toppings or condiments used when serving the burger.
- Calories: 170
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 425mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 3g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 22g
- 500g lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Lettuce leaves (for serving)
- Tomato slices (for serving)
- Red onion slices (for serving)
- Mustard or other desired condiments (for serving)
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, almond flour, grated Parmesan cheese, chopped onion, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a patty, ensuring they are of even thickness for even cooking.
- Preheat a grill or skillet over medium heat. If using a skillet, lightly grease it with cooking spray or a small amount of oil.
- Place the turkey patties on the grill or skillet and cook for about 5-6 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 74°C and the burgers are cooked through.
- Remove the patties from the heat and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Serve the low carb turkey burgers on lettuce leaves, topped with tomato slices, red onion slices, and any desired condiments.
Ready to get cooking?
Indulge in a guilt-free meal with a Low Carb Turkey Burger that is both healthy and full of flavour. By swapping traditional beef for lean ground turkey and adding tasty ingredients, you can enjoy a satisfying burger that meets your low carb lifestyle. Whether you’re grilling outdoors or using a skillet indoors, these turkey burgers are sure to become a new favourite in your repertoire.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use ground chicken instead of ground turkey?
Yes, you can substitute ground chicken for ground turkey in this recipe. The cooking time may vary slightly.
Can I grill the turkey burgers instead of using a skillet?
Absolutely! Grilling the turkey burgers adds an extra smoky flavor. Preheat your grill to medium heat and cook the patties for approximately 5-6 minutes per side, or until they reach an internal temperature of 74°C.
Are these turkey burgers freezer-friendly?
Yes, you can freeze the uncooked turkey burger patties. Simply place them in an airtight container or wrap them tightly in plastic wrap. Thaw in the refrigerator before cooking.
Can I use a different type of low carb binder instead of almond flour?
Yes, you can use other low carb binders like coconut flour or ground flaxseed meal. Adjust the quantity as needed for the desired consistency.
Can I add additional seasonings or herbs to the turkey burger mixture?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with your favourite seasonings and herbs to customise the burgers to your liking. Just remember to adjust the quantities accordingly.