Enjoy a guilt-free breakfast with these fluffy and delicious keto-friendly pancakes. Made with low carb ingredients and packed with flavour, these pancakes are the perfect weight loss recipe for those following a keto or low carb lifestyle.
Servings & Nutrition
This recipe makes approximately 8 small pancakes, serving 2-3 people. Please note that the nutritional values may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients and brands used. Additionally, the nutrition information does not include any additional toppings or syrups used when serving the pancakes.
- Calories: 132
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 103mg
- Sodium: 189mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 5g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 6g
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any low carb milk of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: Sweetener of your choice (e.g. stevia) to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Add sweetener if desired.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Let the batter sit for a few minutes to allow the flours to absorb the liquid.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. Lightly grease the cooking surface with butter or cooking spray.
- Scoop approximately 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet for each pancake. Spread the batter slightly with the back of a spoon to form a round shape.
- Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Flip carefully using a spatula.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the low carb pancakes warm with your favourite toppings such as sugar-free syrup, fresh berries, or whipped cream.
Ready to get cooking?
Start your day off right with a satisfying breakfast that won’t leave you feeling weighed down. These low carb pancakes offer a delightful balance of protein and healthy fats, keeping you energised and satisfied throughout the morning. So, whip up a batch of these fluffy pancakes and savour every bite. Whether you’re enjoying them plain or topped with your favourite sugar-free syrup and fresh berries, this weight loss recipe is definitely going to become a breakfast staple in your kitchen. Embrace a healthier way to enjoy this classic morning treat and fuel your day with a delicious start.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I substitute almond flour with another type of low carb flour?
Yes, you can try using other low carb flours such as coconut flour or a combination of both. Just keep in mind that the texture and liquid requirements may vary.
Can I make the batter ahead of time?
It's best to cook the pancakes immediately after preparing the batter. However, you can store any leftover batter in the refrigerator for up to 1 day and stir it well before cooking.
Can I use a different type of milk instead of almond milk?
Yes, you can use any low carb milk of your choice, such as unsweetened coconut milk or cashew milk.
Can I make these pancakes without eggs?
The eggs in this recipe play a crucial role in providing structure and fluffiness to the pancakes. However, you can try using egg substitutes specifically designed for baking, such as flax eggs or chia eggs. Keep in mind that the texture and taste may vary.
Can I freeze the leftover pancakes?
Yes, you can freeze the cooked pancakes for future use. Place them in an airtight container or freezer bag with parchment paper between each pancake to prevent sticking. Thaw and reheat them in a toaster or microwave when ready to enjoy.
Are these pancakes suitable for a gluten-free diet?
Yes, these pancakes are gluten-free since they are made with almond flour and coconut flour, which are both gluten-free alternatives to wheat flour.