Low-Calorie Avocado Chocolate Cake
Satisfy your chocolate cravings with this Low-Calorie Avocado Chocolate Cake. Moist and decadent, this cake uses nutrient-rich avocado to reduce calories without compromising on taste. Enjoy this delicious weight loss recipe for any dessert night!
Servings & Nutrition
This recipe serves 8-10 people.
- Calories: 160
- Total Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 175mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 23g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.5g
- Sugars: 6.5g
- Protein: 3.5g
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour if preferred)
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener (such as erythritol or stevia)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional, for added richness)
- Preheat your oven to 175°C. Grease an 8-inch round cake pan and set it aside.
- In a food processor or blender, blend the ripe avocado until smooth and creamy.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the avocado puree, unsweetened applesauce, and vanilla extract. Mix well until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the unsweetened cocoa powder, whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour), granulated sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the avocado mixture, alternating with unsweetened almond milk, until a smooth batter forms.
- If using, fold in the dark chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake the Low-Calorie Avocado Chocolate Cake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Ready to get cooking?
Craving a chocolatey treat but worried about the calories? Look no further! Indulge in the guilt-free pleasure of Low-Calorie Avocado Chocolate Cake. This moist and decadent cake uses the goodness of avocados to slash calories while delivering rich, chocolatey goodness. It’s a perfect dessert for those seeking a healthier option without sacrificing the delightful experience of chocolate cake.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use other sweeteners instead of erythritol or stevia?
Yes, you can use other sweeteners like honey, agave syrup, or regular granulated sugar. Keep in mind that the sweetness level may vary, so adjust to your taste preference.
Is the Low-Calorie Avocado Chocolate Cake gluten-free?
The cake can be made gluten-free by using gluten-free flour, such as almond flour or a gluten-free baking mix.
Can I replace the applesauce with mashed bananas?
Yes, mashed bananas can be used as a substitute for applesauce, adding natural sweetness and moisture to the cake.
Can I frost the cake with a low-calorie frosting?
Absolutely! You can top the cake with a light frosting, such as Greek yogurt frosting or a whipped coconut cream frosting, to keep the calorie count low.
Can I store the leftover cake?
Yes, you can store the leftover cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. It's a great treat to enjoy over a few days.