Perth Bariatric Surgery is committed to providing excellence in GP and Patient support. Thank you for your referral.
Ways to Refer:
- Please Download Referral Form Here
- Healthlink ID: akiyingi
- Health Engine
- Dr Andrew Kiyingi can also be contacted directly for same day General Surgery, Bariatric Surgery and Endoscopy Emergency Referrals.
Top Tips for GPs after Bariatric Surgery
- All patients following Gastric Sleeve or Gastric Bypass should take a “Complete A-Z Multivitamin” every day, lifelong.
- All Bariatric Surgery patients should have a nutritional blood test at least 1-2 times a year.
- Symptoms of continuous vomiting, dysphagia, intestinal obstruction or severe abdominal pain require emergency admission under a surgical team.
- Many co-morbidities resolve following bariatric surgery such as diabetes mellitus, hypertension, hypercholesterolaemia and sleep apnoea, as well as mental health. These comorbidities often require review to adjust or wean medications.
- Avoid NSAIDS and Bisphosphonates in Bariatric Surgery patients.
- Dr Andrew Kiyingi and his team at Perth Bariatric Surgery are only one phone call away. Please do not hesitate to get in touch.